Summary of Job
Production Scheduler responsible for creating and maintaining detailed production work schedules and ensure raw material availability, to ensure that customer orders are filled on time and in the correct quantities. The position also serves as a communication hub between sales, logistics, production, and raw materials inventory management.
Duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for leading and driving the Master Production Plan.
- Champion a weekly Sales and Operations planning process.
- Capacity planning management.
- Manufacturing lot size policy management.
- Release production workorders to plant as required.
- Coordinate production between multiple shifts and multiple departments.
- Communicate with sales and/or customer service on status of orders.
- Inventory review and adjustments as necessary.
- Utilize a variety of information to schedule and prioritize production work orders. Relevant information includes: order due date/time; raw material type, quality, and availability; production line efficiencies and capacities; frequent short-notice adjustments to order quantities or due dates.
- Use available information to achieve the goals of 100% on-time order completion, minimizing line changeovers, and maximizing efficiency by scheduling work to best-suited production lines.
- Perform regular follow-up communication with production regarding their attainment of the schedule, and adjust the schedule as needed.
- Communicate with sales and logistics regarding order quantities and due dates/times.
- Determine production labor requirements for the next day based on known variables and trend data.
- Other Duties as assigned.
Education & Language
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, business, technical or related.
- MRP/ERP experience.
- Proficient in MS Excel.
- 2-4 years of professional related experience
- Experience with FCA, GM, Ford, Volkswagen and/or Honda preferred. Experience with other automotive OEMs will be considered
- High Mix – Low Volume work experience.
Skills and requirements
|· Interpersonal skills
· Customer focused
· Strong computer skills
· Detailed oriented
· Ability to manage multiple programs and customers
· Ability to prioritize